Senior HR Advisor
Sharon is ready to share her broad-based HR experience and advice on topics like: employee engagement, training development, HR practices, policy development, change management, terminations, progressive discipline, accommodation, recruitment, benefits management, organizational planning, attendance management, coaching, payroll, process improvements and survey analysis. She thrives on keeping life simple and loves to provide pros and cons to support the decision-making process.
- 13+ years' experience in a variety of Human Resources sectors from manufacturing, non-profit, healthcare, hospitality to human resources consulting.
- Developed many of HRdownloads' online training modules and webinars.
- Highly creative and innovative with the proven ability to develop streamlined solutions that exceed expectations.
- Worked closely with hundreds of HRdownloads’ clients to develop customized solutions to address current organizational needs including building specific training requirements, developing policies and practices that reflect the client’s unique environment; assisting with legislative compliance; developing HR strategic plans; and supporting implementation and change management goals.
- Provided legislatively compliant training to thousands of people.
- Experienced in both Canadian and American payroll.
- Is a previous member of the Public Relations Committee for the Guelph Chapter of the HRPA.
- Human Resource Management Certificate - Conestoga College
- Certified Human Resources Leader (CHRL)
- Member of the Human Resources Professionals Association (HRPA)
Sharon became passionate about Human Resources after taking an organizational behavioural course to satisfy a requirement for her payroll certification. While working, she continued her studies part time to earn her HR Certification applying the theory of her studies to direct practice. Even today, after years of practice she loves the relationship aspect of HR the most… always looking at HR’s role to bridge employee needs with organizational direction.